We like scrolling through our social media feeds and stories to keep up with our friends and followers. But our inner Gen Z sometimes just wants to stay hidden and keep an eye on things without being seen. While instant messaging platforms such as WhatsApp allow us to read messages without the blue tick, users cannot conceal or disable the see receipt for the Status.
Did you know there are ways to read someone’s WhatsApp Status updates without being added to the list of viewers? How? So, we’ve compiled a list of quick and simple methods that will allow Meta-owned WhatsApp users to prevent their names from appearing in the view list. This method is applicable to both Android and iOS users.
How to Invisibly View Someone’s WhatsApp Status?
WhatsApp Android and iOS users may examine the Status of their contacts without informing them by removing read receipts or viewing it offline. Users can also check their phone’s secret WhatsApp Status folder to avoid reading the Status directly.
How to Turn Off WhatsApp Read Receipts?
WhatsApp users frequently disable read receipts in order to eliminate multiple blue ticks for messages. Similarly, disabling read receipts allows users to hide their name from the Status view list. Here’s how to turn off WhatsApp read receipts:
• Open WhatsApp on your iOS or Android device.
• Tap on the dot menu in the upper right corner to open the menu.
• Open Accounts by tapping on Settings.
• Choose Privacy and turn off read receipts.
How to go offline or enable incognito mode on WhatsApp:
Before seeing the Status, users can disable their mobile data or use WhatsApp in incognito mode in their browser. This allows users to remain offline while viewing WhatsApp Status without alerting the other person. Notably, the other person will be able to see the view whenever the user reconnects to the internet. To circumvent this, utilise the offline approach immediately before the status expires.
How to Force Stop WhatsApp and Secretly View Someone’s Status:
After seeing the WhatsApp status offline, Android users may force to stop WhatsApp from the settings menu, allowing them to access their status even after they reconnect to the internet.
How to View WhatsApp Status Using the File Manager on Your Phone:
Android users may view WhatsApp Status by accessing a secret ‘WhatsApp Status folder’ in the file manager. Notably, when an Android user opens the status page, WhatsApp immediately uploads all Status photos to the phone’s storage. So, by following these methods, one can gain access to the stored photographs. –
• Navigate to the file manager.
• Go to internal storage and choose WhatsApp.
• Navigate to the media folder and open the ‘Statuses’ folder.
• Users will discover all of the photographs from the contacts’ WhatsApp status updates.
• If the status folder is not visible, go to the file manager settings and check the box next to ‘Show hidden files.’
• The folder will be shown.
• The WhatsApp Status folder is accessible to Android 11 users via Settings > Internal Storage > Android > Media > WhatsApp.com > WhatsApp > Media.