The world has witnessed a new India rise in recent years, especially after the outbreak of Covid-19, said President Droupadi Murmu, speaking to the country on the eve of Independence Day. President Murmu is the youngest and first tribal leader to hold the highest constitutional office. President Murmu is, by the way, the first president born after independence.
Below are some of the best lines:
1) The 14th of August is designated as Partition Horrors Remembrance Day. This day is observed to encourage societal peace, human empowerment, and togetherness.
2) On August 15, 1947, we broke free from colonial control and resolved to redefine our destiny. While commemorating that important day, we honor all freedom warriors. They gave up everything so that we might all live in a free India.
3) We Indians proved the doubters wrong. Democracy not only gained roots but was also enhanced. India might be credited with introducing the globe to the genuine possibilities of democracy.
4) In most other well-established democracies, women had to fight for their right to vote for a long time. However, India has had a universal adult franchise since the Republic’s commencement. India might be credited with introducing the globe to the genuine possibilities of democracy.
5) The Indian tricolor is flapping in every part of the land. Great martyrs would have rejoiced to see the spirit of the Independence Movement resurrected on such a grand scale.
6) Many great freedom warriors completed their job and passed on the torch of waking, leaving little evidence of their valiant efforts. Many heroes and their efforts, particularly among peasant and tribal groups, were long forgotten. The government’s decision last year to designate November 15th as ‘Janajatiya Gaurav Divas’ is welcome since our tribal heroes are more than just local or regional celebrities; they inspire the whole nation.
7) By 2047, we will have fully realized our freedom warriors’ dreams.
8) Compassion is the buzzword for India today; compassion for the oppressed, the destitute, and those on the fringes.
9) India’s renewed confidence originates from the energy of its young, farmers, and, most importantly, women. Gender inequities are decreasing, and women are breaking through many glass barriers.
10) In recent years, the globe has witnessed the rise of a new India, particularly with the breakout of Covid. Economic prosperity leads to a more comfortable way of life. Economic improvements should be supported with novel welfare programs.
Meanwhile, as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Union government has launched the ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign to urge people to hoist the Tiranga at home to commemorate India’s 75th anniversary of independence.
The Centre has invited people to hoist the tricolour in their houses from August 13 to 15 to mark the 75th anniversary of India’s independence. People who use social media platforms may also take part by changing their profile images to the National flag.