Due to the increase in Covid cases in Delhi, new Covid guidelines have been issued for the schools. Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) and Delhi Government together have issued new Covid Guidelines for the schools here. It is worth noting that soon after the opening of the school, the number of Covid cases started increasing. This time cases of Covid infection are being found in children too. Given the current environment, new Covid Guidelines and SOPs have been issued for the schools of Delhi. All schools have to follow these so that students can be kept safe.
The AAP government in Delhi asked schools to conduct daily symptoms check, create quarantine rooms within premises, and use thermal scan and hand sanitization, among other protocols. The SOP outlines various precautionary measures to be adopted in schools to prevent the spread of Covid-19 infection in addition to compliance with the measures/guidelines issued by the city government from time to time.
- All schools, whether they are private or government, have to follow the rules, in which first of all it has to be seen that whoever is eligible, whether teachers or students gets vaccinated.
- Students and staff should not be allowed to enter school premises without thermal scanning.
- Masks have been made mandatory in schools. No guest will be allowed to enter the school without a mask. Everyone has to wear a mask at all times.
- Parents should be advised not to send their children to school if they test positive for the coronavirus.
- There should be proper arrangements of guards or security at the school gate to check that no student or staff coming to the school has symptoms of Covid. Their temperature should be taken and if anyone is seen ill, he should be sent back.
- Do not share anything from tiffin boxes, copies, books, pencil pens, etc. among the students in the school. There should be proper sanitization of schools and complete arrangements should be made from soap to hand sanitizer.
- If any Covid case comes out in any school, then the school should be completely closed and sanitized. There should be no crowd in the school at any time and training in Covid Appropriate Behavior ie CAB should be given to everyone.
The school authorities have also been asked to maintain physical distancing at all times by ensuring that students do not assemble or gather near entry/exit gates while visiting the school and also posters on preventing measures about Covid-19 need to be displayed at all prominent places in the school.